Tyson Fury confirms the Saudi Arabia fight against Anthony Joshua will go ahead.
‘Tyson Fury versus Anthony Joshua’ will take place this summer after the former confirmed the mouthwatering showdown.
Fury took to social media on Sunday evening to declare that heavyweight unification bout with his British rival will take place on August 14 in Saudi Arabia.
Joshua, 31, holds the WBA, WBO and IBF belts, while Fury, 32, is the WBC champion.
In a video posted to Twitter, Fury said: ‘I have got some massive news. I have just got off the phone with Prince Khalid of Saudi Arabia and he told me this fight is 100 per cent on, August 14.
‘All eyes of the world will be on the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia.
‘I cannot wait, I repeat, cannot wait to smash Anthony Joshua on the biggest stage of all-time.
‘This is going to be the biggest sporting event ever to grace the planet Earth. Do not miss it.’
Plans for a fight between the pair were set in motion when Fury defeated Deontay Wilder to capture the WBC title in February last year, just a couple of months after Joshua avenged his only career loss to Andy Ruiz Jr.
Joshua retained his three belts last December with a ninth-round knockout of mandatory challenger Kubrat Pulev but the unbeaten Fury’s planned trilogy fight against Wilder has failed to materialise.
Watch video of Tyson Fury confirming the fight below: