Parents of the yet to be released 112 girls kidnapped from Government Girls Secondary School Chibok in Borno State said they want to see their missing daughters before they die.
Since the abduction of their daughters by the Boko Haram insurgents loyal to Abubakar Shekau, some of the parents have died of natural causes and others due to depression.
Those still alive said they were optimistic their daughters were alive and called on the federal government to rescue them.
It is exactly seven years today (Wednesday) when Boko Haram terrorists stormed GGSS Chibok on April 14, 2014, forced 276 girls into a truck and moved towards the Sambisa Forest.
While some of the girls hung unto tree branches on the way to the forest and thereafter found their ways back home, others were not that lucky.
However, after the escape of a few and the release of over 100 through negotiations over time, most of the over 107 of the Chibok girls that have been reunited with their families are still struggling to be on their feet.
By April 14, 2016, two years after the mass abduction, the Chibok Parents Association had already lost 17 members most of who died in circumstances related to depression after waiting without seeing their missing daughters or any tangible news about them.
According to him, 17 parents had died since the incident and many others were sick. He, therefore, appealed to the President Muhammadu Buhari administration to do more in its efforts to defeat Boko Haram and rescue their children.
He added that families were in confusion in the absence of any communication from the government on the whereabouts of the girls.
“If the government had responded in time, our daughters would have been saved. The United States had spotted 80 girls during the last administration, why did the government fail to rescue them. We, therefore, call on the president to step up search for these innocent girls.