Accident & Tragedy News Odd News Social Issues

Mother and her four children died in fire accident caused by candlelight in Kwara State

Residents of Ifesowapo community, Tanke, Ilorin, Kwara State, were thrown into mourning after a mother and her four children were burnt to death in a candlelight fire which started in their house on Wednesday night.

Effiezy gathered that the tragic incident happened when a candle lighting one of the rooms, following days of power outage.

According to reports, the husband and father of the deceased was out of the house to get some things when the fire started.

YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:   Oba Akiolu of Lagos' palace gutted by fire

Unfortunately, only one out of the five children was rescued from the fire. The child has reportedly been taking to the University of Ilorin Teaching Hospital (UITH), Ilorin.

The chairman of the Ifesowapo community, Mr Awodun Yinka, said that members of the community heard the cries but were unable to rescue the children and their mother because of the fire was too much for them to penetrate into the building.

Kindly share this story

Similar Posts

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.