Accident & Tragedy Health Odd News

Man electrocuted while plucking pawpaw in Lagos

man electrocuted while plucking pawpaw in Lagos

A security guard, Uchena Harrison, has been electrocuted while attempting to pluck pawpaw from a tree at his workplace in the Abule Oshun area of Lagos State.

Punch Metro gathered that the 56-year-old and four other security guards were on duty on Friday when he reportedly became hungry and without the knowledge of his colleagues, proceeded to the pawpaw tree.

It was learnt that Harrison placed a ladder on the tree and after climbing it, used an iron rod to pluck the fruit.

Speaking to Punch Metro, a resident, Jubril Adesoji, said Harrison mistakenly used the iron rod to hit a naked wire which passed through the tree.

“The shock he suffered during the electrocution threw him away from the ladder and he landed on the ground. He died on the spot,” he added.

YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:   Man electrocuted while trying to steal from electric pole in Jos (Graphic Photos)

A source said Harrison’s remains were later found around the pawpaw tree.

The source said, “Initially, his colleagues were searching for him until one of them suggested that they should check him around the pawpaw tree. When they got there around 10pm, his corpse was found lying on the floor. About five of the security guards were on duty on that day. From what we gathered, his corpse was deposited in the Badagry General Hospital mortuary.”

Kindly share this story

Similar Posts

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.