President Muhammadu Buhari has finally sacked his Service Chiefs with immediate effect.
Special Adviser on Media and Publicity to the President, Femi Adesina, made this known in a tweet on Tuesday.
Adesina wrote, “The new appointed service chiefs are;
- Service Chiefs. Maj Gen LEO Irabor,
- CDS, Maj Gen I Attahiru
- Army, Rear Adm AZ Gambo
- Navy, AVM IO Alao, Air Force.
“Those sacked are;
- Chief of Defence Staff, General Abayomi Olonisakin
- Chief of Army Staff, Lt-Gen. Tukur Buratai
- Chief of Naval Staff, Vice Admiral Ibok Ekwe Ibas
- Chief of Air Staff, Air Marshal Sadique Abubakar.
“Buhari congratulates outgoing Service Chiefs on efforts to bring enduring peace to the country.” He also congratulated the new Service Chiefs, and urged them to be loyal and dedicated in the discharge of their responsibilities.