While you may be doing everything in your power to attract the opposite sex, it may surprise you to learn that some of your actions and behaviors can actually have the opposite effect.
In fact, you may not even realize that you’re acting in a way that drives men away when all you’re really trying to do is draw them toward you.
We’ve dug up some research on what to avoid doing and what to do instead to avoid being labeled as unattractive to men.
1. Wearing a ton of makeup could turn men off You may think that loading up on foundation, concealer, eyeshadow, eyeliner, mascara, lipstick, and blush (to name a few) makes you look your most attractive, but it may surprise you to learn that piling on the makeup is not appealing to guys.
Infact too much makeup is apparently just unattractive to many guys.
2. Being a gossip is unattractive It might seem fun to share the latest rumors, scandals, and stories involving the lives of your friends, family, and coworkers with a guy, but it might surprise you to learn that being a gossip is a major turn off.
While your intentions may be to try to open the lines of communication with him and keep him in the loop, it’s important to recognize that giving him the lowdown on other people’s sordid deeds actually makes you come across as having low self-esteem.
In fact, many people with a poor self-image rely on gossip as a way to make themselves feel better about their own lives, and they choose to talk about the latest failures and scandalous behaviors of others as a way to give themselves a boost.
3. Having no life can make guys think you’re unattractive Even if you’re in a happy and mutually supportive relationship, sometimes you might need a little alone time.
This can be more true for some people than others, but, as a general rule, guys will want some space to breathe from time to time.
We all love feeling wanted but it can be exhausting when your partner is excessively needy. A guy will likely find it unattractive if you demand that he’s by your side 24/7 and can’t find any way to occupy yourself when he’s not around.
4. Having no purpose or ambition seems unattractive
You don’t have to have your whole life figured out, but guys don’t want to be with someone who is lacking any sort of purpose or direction.
It’s unattractive to listen to someone explain how lost they are if they don’t have a plan to get on track. Plus, if it seems like you don’t know what you want to do with your life, it can make you come across as unstable.
5. Don’t wear too much perfume if you want to seem attractive Smelling a little sweet is lovely – it shows you’ve made a conscious effort to complete your look but there is no need to drown yourself in the stuff.
A lot of marketing goes into making women feel like they need to buy a certain perfume in order to be sexy and desirable.
Now that celebrities have entered the industry, the push has become even stronger but does dabbing from a bottle really give us a boost?
Researchers have determined that a woman’s natural scent can be a powerful aphrodisiac on its own, So, instead of masking your body’s natural come-hither scents, let nature do all the talking.
6. Taking Yourself Too Seriously Sometimes you have to lighten up, let your hair down and laugh at yourself. Nobody’s perfect, we get that, but who better to let your guard down with than the person that loves you just as you are?