Qualified contestants for the 2020 edition of the Big Brother Naija are being quarantined in an unknown facility ahead of the July 19 kick-off.
This was made known by Wangi Mba-Uzoukwu, the Regional Director of M-Net West Africa on Thursday, July 2 during a media parley via zoom.
“The contestants are currently in quarantine and we are working with the NCDC to ensure due protocols are observed in monitoring the contestants.
This is aside going through other health and regular medical checkups to be sure all contestants are fit and ready for the show.
In the case of contestants not fit for the show, we have a wide pool of qualified contestants that we can choose from,” Mba-Uzoukwu stated.
Ahead of the reality TV show, the organisers, Multichoice Nigeria, made known some of the changes that will be occurring in the show’s fifth edition.
Mba-Uzoukwu said there would be no audience for live shows that include the opening night and eviction shows.
She said live audiences won’t be allowed to participate in the live shows as previously done.
Ma-Uzoukwu said this is in line with the guidelines of the social distancing and other procedures in place to curb the spread of the coronavirus.