France midfielder, Paul Pogba, has told Manchester United board that he is determined to leave Old Trafford in the January transfer window, according to Sunday Express.
Manchester United spent £89 million to bring the 25-year-old back from Juventus in 2016.
However, the World Cup winner has failed to find a consistent level under Jose Mourinho.
Last season, Pogba was involved in a bust-up with the former the Chelsea manager.
Just last month, the France international indicated that he remains unhappy at Old Trafford.
“If you’re not happy, you cannot give your best,” Pogba said following the 2-1 win over Leicester City.
“There are things I cannot say otherwise I will get fined.
The newspaper reports that Pogba has informed United’s hierarchy of his plans to leave in January.
Pogba, according to the report did not leave this summer in order to give the club enough time to find a replacement.
Pogba’s agent, Mino Raiola had been in talks with Barcelona during the summer transfer window but the midfielder now prefers a return to Juventus.
The report claimed that the Frenchman has “made it clear” that he is keen to play alongside Cristiano Ronaldo with the Serie A champions.