“I Died But Woke Up As They Were Taking Me To The Mortuary” – Julius Agwu On His Brain Tumor Surgery

Julius Agwu has experienced death.

In new chat with Punch, the comedian revealed how he died following brain tumour complication, and how he rose again when his family were taking his body to a mortuary.

Recall that the comedian went off the radar in 2015, and in 2016, he returned to tell his story of his sucessful brain tumour removal surgery. He described the tumours as being as large as a golf ball.

Also, in an April 2017 interview with Premium Times, Agwu revealed he almost committed suicide because of the frustration of getting a document to travel abroad to have the surgery. Now, he is dishing more details of all he and his family went through, how he had a relapse, and, thankfully, getting better and returning to making people laugh again.

He said:

“The truth is that I would not have been alive if not for God. I died and woke up; I literally died and woke up. I say that authoritatively because I know that I had an encounter with people that I know had died during that period. I saw my father who died about 12 years ago; he was the one that came and chased me back to the world because it was not my time. I died here in Nigeria but woke up when they were taking me to the mortuary. That was the first time I had a seizure in my house but my wife stood by me. God would keep on blessing my wife; I believe that God gave me my wife and I always thank him for her. I bless God that she stayed despite everything that happened to me. They were taking me to a mortuary but to God be the glory, my hand moved and that was the point they returned me to the hospital. Here I am today. The encounter made me realise that there is nothing as good as rest. It is very important to sleep. I work so hard and I believe that of all comedians in Nigeria, I am the only one with so many brands, I have Crack Ya Ribs, Laff for Christ’s Sake and Festival of Love.

YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:   Tragedy!!! IMSU Final Year Female Student, Blessing Amam Dies With Her Lover In Hostel (Photos)

What happened was that they did an MRI scan and they detected that I had two growths. They removed a tumour at the back of my head which was the size of a golf ball and the other tumour was close to my brain. They advised me that if they touched the other tumour, it could be fatal. They gave me drugs to shrink the tumour but I did not rest well and that is why it came back last year. I did not rest at all, after my surgery in America, I resumed doing my shows. I thank God for everything.

“The truth is that I am back and better. I just want to use this opportunity to tell the people that God is great and this is a time we should all reflect on our life. I would not lie to you, things are not easy in the country and many people are running away from Nigeria. ‘Crack Ya Rib’ was the first Nigerian show that went to London and after that, everybody started taking their shows there. I thank God that ‘Crack Ya Rib’ paved the way for other shows.”

Kindly share this story

Similar Posts

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.