Accident & Tragedy Crime Health Lifestyle Marriage News Relationship Social Issues

Husband chops off wife’s hand for overstaying at a funeral (Photos)

A Man in Kenya identified as Musa Matiko, had severely chopped of his 50 year old wife’s also identified as Maria Musa for overstaying at a funeral.

The mother of Nine told The Standard that she went for a funeral on Monday at the home of one of her in-laws, thinking that the burial would take place on that day but it delayed until Wednesday.

She said, “I stayed at the funeral for three days and left on the fourth.

“When I got home, he asked me who I thought was supposed to be cooking for him on the three days I was away.
READ ALSO 2016 budget deficit: Presidency seeks NASS approval to float N500m Eurobond

“Previously, whenever we fought, he would beat me up with a rod, but on that day, he beat me up with a machete.”

Stating her ordeals in the hands of her husband and his family members, she said after the attack, her husband and his family members who were present left her on the scene helpless till her relative who was also around, came to her rescue.

“They refused to report the matter to the police. I passed out and gained consciousness at the hospital after my nephew brought me here,” she said.

YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:   Actor EmmaOhmy God and wife are expecting

The couple’s daughter, Catherine Musa, who is a first year student at Msomi Teachers Training College, said her mother has been the family’s sole breadwinner and was the one who tended to the needs of her eight other siblings, five of whom are spread between high school and colleges.

“I was in school when I received a call after the incident, so I left the following morning to come see my mother.

“She is in such a bad state I’ve had to put my studies on pause to be with her at the hospital,” said Catherine.

Maria, who is still at the hospital groaning in pain, is now appealing to the police to arrest and charge her husband with the heinous crime which has left her disabled.

The police, however, through the police commander, Joseph Nthenge, said the matter had not been reported to any police station.

“We cannot investigate a case when there are no complainants. The family has decided to keep it, covered but we will ensure justice prevails,” he said.

Kindly share this story
loading...

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.