Fire guts Access Bank branch in Ikotun, Lagos (Photos)

An ATM gallery of Access Bank in the Ikotun area of Lagos state, were on Tuesday, gutted by fire which sparked off around 4pm from a faulty air conditioner at the gallery and spread through the hallway.

It was gathered that the fire which reportedly raged for about three hours was put out by officials of the Lagos State Fire Service who responded immediately to the bank.

While speaking to correspondents, the fire service director, Rasaq Fadipe, who confirmed the incident, said the gallery was heavily smoke-logged when they arrived.

Fadipe who disclosed further that two fire trucks deployed in the area prevented the fire from spreading to the other parts of the bank, said; “The fire affected the batteries and inverters of the ATMs, numbering about six.

“The place was heavily smoke-logged and we had to use a forklift and other apparatus to gain access to put out the fire. The batteries are about 200 voltages each.”

An official of Access Bank, who pleaded anonymity said the fire emanated from a malfunctioning AC in the gallery.

“The fire affected only the ATM gallery. One of the ACs in the gallery malfunctioned and caught fire. I don’t have details yet, but everything has been brought under control,” the official said.

Kindly share this story

Similar Posts

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.