Generator fume kill couple, child in Delta community

A Kogi-based couple, identified as Onomoma Jemedu and their daughter, were on Monday morning reported killed by generator fumes at Umeh Community, in Isoko South Local Government Area of Delta State.

DAILY POST gathered that the couple and their daughter, a primary school pupil slept off in one of the rooms in their three-bedroom apartment with the generator on.

A community source who craved anonymity expressed shock over the incident, noting that neighbours alerted the community members over the incident.

He said the couple came home for a burial ceremony.

The source said,”When we got there, we saw fumes all over their room. We believe they gave up as a result of the suffocation from the generator fume which they have inhaled.”

As of the time of filing this report, the remains of the deceased have been deposited in an undisclosed morgue.

YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:   President Buhari’ll soon return – Kogi State governor, Yahaya Bello

Contacted, the Delta State Acting Police Public Relations Officer, DSP Andrew Aniamaka confirmed the report, but said the woman in question was not the man’s wife. ‎

DSP Aniamaka stated that, “There is such information but the woman in question is not the man’s wife. Yes the nine year old girl is the daughter of the man.

“The man is a native of the place and he is Kogi based. He came to identify with his people in a burial ceremony.

“Unfortunately, they allegedly died of fume from the generator he put on. It is a case of Sudden and Unnatural Death, SUD, and the police do not suspect any foul play.”

Kindly share this story

Similar Posts

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.