Antonio Conte dismissed reports that Carlo Ancelotti could replace him as Chelsea coach as “bulls—” and accused sections of the media of “a lack of respect” over suggestions that players have contacted former assistant coach Steve Holland to register their disgruntlement.
Speculation surrounding Conte’s future at Stamford Bridge has intensified in recent weeks as Chelsea have endured a troubled start to the season, and a story in the Sun on Friday claimed that the Premier League champions have lined up Ancelotti as his replacement.
Another story earlier this week claimed that Chelsea players have texted Holland, who left Stamford Bridge to take up a role with England, to voice their discontent with Conte’s training methods.
An incensed Conte said that Holland reached out to him to make clear that the story was untrue, and hit out at the media for involving his former assistant in the speculation surrounding his Chelsea future.
“I think around us there is a lot of bulls—,” Conte said of the reports. “If I see the past it happened the same with a lot of managers. A lot of bulls—. They try to create problems between me, the club and the players.
“If someone is happy to continue to write this I think I answered very well in the past. I am answering very well about these different issues.”