Igbo quit notice: Why we have not arrested Arewa youths — FG

Attorney General of the Federation and Minister of Justice, Mr. Abubakar Malami

The Federal Government on Tuesday explained why it has not arrested the Coalition of Northern youths for asking Igbos to vacate the North on October 1.

The Attorney General of the Federation, AGF, and Minister of Justice, Abubakar Malami, SAN, said they did not go after sponsors of the quit notice due to the “security implications.”

Malami gave the explanation while addressing a press conference in Abuja.

Recall that the Northern youths had recently ordered Igbos resident in the North to vacate the region on October 1.

However, the group had on Thursday last week announced the withdrawal of the quit notice it issued earlier.

‎Spokesman for the coalition, AbdulAziz Suleiman, said the withdrawal was as a result of series of consultations and pressure from different groups.

Kindly share this story

Similar Posts

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.