Jonathan speaks on Ozubulu killings, hate song calling for killing of Igbos

Goodluck Jonathan

The immediate past President, Goodluck Jonathan has reacted to the killing of worshippers at the St. Philip’s Catholic Church, Ozubulu in Anambra State.

Unknown gunmen had on Sunday opened fire on worshippers in the church killing many.

Reacting to the incident, the former President condemned the act, saying it was unknown to the Nigerian culture and lacked respect and reverence for religious places of worship.

Jonathan, who made this known in a post on his Facebook, also condemned the hate song by an unknown Hausa artiste which called for the killing of Igbos.

Jonathan wrote: “I condole with the survivors and the families of the victims and pray for the departed. In order to endure that such occurrences never reoccur, we must rededicate ourselves to our principles of being our brother’s keeper and that without delay.”

YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:   How Jonathan's aide, others pocketed over N35.2m From amnesty funds in Two Months

On the hate song, Jonathan said, “Given that a similar song is what ignited the Rwandan genocide, as a nation, we must not take these reports lightly.

“I urge the security services to do their utmost to nip this wickedness in the bud.

“As I have said previously, we must understand and accept that all Nigerians are brothers and sisters born from the womb of one Nigeria.

“May this be uppermost in our minds as we pray that God may bless Nigeria.”

Kindly share this story

Similar Posts

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.