Jonathan’s son-in-law escapes 4th assassination attempt

The son-in-law of former President Goodluck Jonathan, Prince Goodwill Edward, was shot again for the fourth time on Friday by gunmen in Calabar, Cross River State capital.

Edward was reportedly shot in his State Housing Estate residence within the Calabar Municipal axis of the state capital.

The victim is the Special Adviser on Youths Affairs to Governor Ben Ayade.

Although the severity of injury sustained in the attack could not be ascertained, it was learnt that he was presently receiving treatment at an undisclosed medical facility in Calabar.

Edward, who is from Abi Local Government Area of the state, got married to Jonathan’s daughter in 2014.

The state Commissioner of Police, Mr. Hafiz Inuwa, told SUNDAY PUNCH on Saturday that the matter had been reported officially to the police.

YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:   Bobrisky tried to kill me - Toyin Lawani finally speaks up (Long Read)

He, however, said, “From our records, it was not the first time that Edward had been attacked.

“This is the third or fourth time that this thing is happening. Do you know that as I’m talking to you, there is no official report about it. We are not going to wait until the matter is reported. We are the police, we know our responsibility.

“Even if they have a reason for not reporting, we are not going to sit down until the matter is reported. We have the responsibility to investigate and by the grace of God we will go after those responsible.”

Kindly share this story

Similar Posts

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.