Police frees suspect indicted in Evans’ kidnap business

One of the victims of billionaire kidnapper, Chukwudubem Onwuamadike, a.k.a Evans, Chief Donatus Dunu has narrated his ordeal at the Igando detention camp in Lagos on a popular television programme.

Dunu who is the Managing Director of Lagos-based Maydon Pharmaceutical Company, was interviewed on a talk-show on the African Independent Television titled, Focus Nigeria as anchored by Gbenga Aruleba.

The pharmacist whose face was concealed during the interview briefly discussed how he paid a whooping sum of N123 million to Evans to secure his release.

Evans, according to him demanded for N500 million which his family failed to produce thereby leading to his extended detention for three months where he was fed with noodles dominantly. The victim who is of Igbo extraction revealed how his worker, a pharmacist named Emeka Godson Egbulugha – a native of Oguta in Imo State collaborated with the kidnap syndicate to abduct him.

He revealed that Emeka paid regular visits to the detention camp in Igando where he held meetings with his tormentors on how to extort money from him. The pharmacist, going by his testimony was smart enough to recognise his voice.

In a new controversial twist, the victim who is currently living in fear for his life told Gbenga Arulegba that Emeka has been released by the police.
“He (Emeka) called one of my staff that the police has released him” he said.

YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:   Billionaire Kidnapper Evans’ Lawyer Absent From Court, Feigns illness Over Lawsuit Seeking N300m From Nigerian Police

The police had earlier arrested Emeka on the day Dunu gained his freedom and his (Emeka) confessions were presumed to have nailed his abductors and subsequently Evans, their leader.

In the same vein, an unnamed man who allegedly sold a vehicle to the kidnap suspect has been freed by the police although the details of his freedom are not known.

There is palpable fear among Nigerians that billionaire kidnap kingpin, Evans who is reported to have made ove $6 million over the years could maneuver his way out of his current investigation if due diligence isn’t exploited by investigators.

Dunu was kidnapped near his office on February 14, 2017 and his escape sparked a chain of events that led to the fall of the dreaded kidnap gang.

Dunu’s escape came after arrangement had been concluded that he would be killed that Friday evening.

Kindly share this story

Similar Posts

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.