BREAKING: INEC releases statement after receipt of recall petition to sack Dino Melaye from senate

We reported on Wednesday that the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC), has received the 188,588 signatures out of the 360,098 registered voters in Kogi West representing 52.3% percent required for the recall of Senator Dino Melaye from National Assembly.

The Special Adviser to the Kogi state governor on political affairs, Pius Kolawole had earlier announced the results of collated signatures in Lokoja while addressing party members from the district.

He had said that the collation of signatures of voters to that effect was carried out successfully on June 17, and also commended the voters in the district for turning out en mass for the exercise, saying that Section 69 of the 1999 constitution backed their action.

YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:   Imo North: Federal High Court affirms Ararume as APC candidate

“In 2015, we voted for Dino and now we are using the same method to return him home,” he had said.

Meanwhile, INEC has just released an official press statement on the receipt of the recall petition by constituents at Kogi West Senatorial District, to sack their Senator, Dino Melaye, from National Assembly.

Read in full below;

Kindly share this story

Similar Posts

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.