News Politics Social Issues

So Sad: Nursing mother electrocuted in Lagos, baby survives (Photos)

Yewande Busari electrocuted in Lagos

A 24-year old nursing mother, Yewande Busari, was on May 6 electrocuted in Lagos with her one-year-old son strapped to her back.

According to reports, Yewande was electrocuted by electrical wires sticking out of a streetlight pole on the Oshodi highway in Lagos, while trying to cross the road with her one-year-old son, Pamilerin, strapped to her back.


Yewande Busari electrocuted1

Yewande Busari electrocuted2

Yewande Busari electrocuted11

Sources said she had not used the pedestrian bridge.

Pamilerin, however, survived. The streetlight pole was said to have had the live wires sticking for a while but was left unattended to. Yewande’s elder brother, Tunde Busari, lamented the nonchalance of the government and the electrical company in charge of the streetlights.

His words: “We have not heard anything from the government or seen anybody from them since my sister died. It was a government property that killed my sister, but nobody has come to pay us a visit.”

Until her death, Yewande lived with her fiance at number 32 Thomas Street, Ebute-Meta, Lagos

Kindly share this story

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.