Man accidentally sets gas station on fire trying to kill spider (Photo + Video)

man and spider

A man with an apparent case of arachnophobia caused a fire at a suburban Detroit gas pump by putting a lighter to what he says was a spider near his fuel door.

The motorist was at a Mobil gas station in the Detroit suburb of Center Line, Mich., when he spotted a spider on his car’s fuel door. “Is that a spider in there?” he’s heard asking on surveillance camera footage. The video then shows flames erupting along the car’s side, the pump and the pavement.

YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:   DeJ Loaf ft. Big Sean - Back Up (Official Music Video)

The quick thinking clerk shut off the pump from indoors and called the fire department.

The man darts to safety and later uses a fire extinguisher to put out the flames. A spider is not seen. The motorist escaped injury and his vehicle suffered little damage, but the gas pump was destroyed.

The clerk says he apologized the next day.

Watch the bizarre video below:

TheStar

Kindly share this story

Similar Posts

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.