Man dies after drinking 20 sachets of gin in N500 bet
A middle-aged man, identified as Chucks from Imo State, has died after consuming 20 sachets of gin in a N500 bet with a woman.
The deceased, said to be a barber, is married with a child and lived along Ngwa Road area of Aba, Abia State.
An eyewitness said the deceased had on the fateful day, gone to a nearby local shop situated within the area to take a sachet of his usual brand of gin and boosted to the shop owner that he could finish 20 sachets of the drink.
This was said to have led to an argument between the deceased and the shop owner and other customers in the shop that morning.
The argument, it was learned, reached a stage where the deceased deposited N500 and the shop owner also placed her own N500 in a bet.
The deceased was then provided with the sachet drinks for consumption.
WATCH ALSO: Jamaican Man Drinks A Bottle of Hennessey (Video)
It was gathered that he successfully consumed the 20 sachets of dry gin and went away with the bet money.
The deceased was said to have left his barbing salon earlier that day to his house when he started feeling some pains in his stomach and asked his wife to put on their sitting room ceiling fan and sat directly beneath it.
When his condition got worse, his wife asked him what the problem was.
A source said the deceased told his wife he was okay, but just needed rest.
READ ALSO: A matured graduate drinks rat poison after been dumped by his lover