Chad begin raids on foreigners, beggars following Boko Haram attacks

chad

Chadian Prime Minister, Kalzeube Deubet, on Friday, said that following the recent Boko Haram attack in two suicide blasts in the capital, N’Djamena, which killed 37 people, government would commence rounding up of foreigners in that country.

The premier did not give details on whom the raids would target and where, sources believe beggars will be rounded up also.

He said those detained would be placed at centres in Baga Sola on the shores of Lake Chad.

YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:   Man Loses Wife and Family Members in Abuja Bomb Blast Just One Year After Wedding (Photo)

Deubet said the North-Central African country wanted to get rid of terrorists “once and for all.”

He said Chadian government had earlier announced other security measures, such as bans on the burqa, an article of clothing that covers the entire body, and on public gatherings.

Source: dailypost

READ ALSO: Nigerian Military Moves Command and Control Centre to Boko Haram Stronghold, Maiduguri

Kindly share this story

Similar Posts

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.