There’s been a huge fluctuation in the net worth of these billionaires in the past year. But, you can find out more about that below!
The stats given here in regards to net worth have come from Forbes directly. These are the top 25 richest people in the world in 2018:
25. Lee Shau Kee Richest People – Lee Shau-Kee Share Net Worth: $31.6 Billion Lee Shau Kee is the co-founder of Sun Hung Kai, a successful property development company. He grew up in a very poor family, but today he is worth over $30 billion.
24. Li Ka-Shing Richest People – Li Ka-shing Share Net Worth: $34.9 Billion Li Ka-Shing is one of the most influential businessmen in Asia, and is the current chairman of CK Hutchison Holdings, and CK Asset Holdings. However, he plans to step down from the throne this year. As of March 2018, Li Ka-Shing’s net worth is roughly $34.9 Billion.
23. Hui Ka Yan Richest People – Hui Ka Yan Share Net Worth: $35.5 Billion Hui Ka Yan is the current chairman for the Hong Kong-listed real estate developer, China Evergrande Group, of Shenzhen. The company is active in residential and commercial property.
As of this year, Hui Ka Yan’s net worth is $35.5 billion.
22. Mukesh Ambani Richest People in the World – Mukesh Ambani Share Net Worth: $39.6 Billion Mukesh Ambani is an Indian business magnate, currently chairman, managing director and largest shareholder of Reliance Industries Limited (RIL).
Ambani has been the richest man in Asia for a while now, and this year, he made it onto the list of the richest worldwide! As of 2018, Mukesh Ambani’s net worth is $39.6 billion.
21. Steve Ballmer Richest People – Steve Ballmer Share Net Worth: $40 Billion Steve Ballmer is the current owner of the NBA’s Los Angeles Clippers, and he is also the former CEO of Microsoft. As of 2018, Steve Ballmer’s net worth is estimated at $40 billion.
20. Sheldon Adelson Richest People – Sheldon Adelson Share Net Worth: $40.1 Billion Sheldon Adelson is an American business magnate, investor, and philanthropist.
He is also the founder, chairman and CEO of Las Vegas Sands Corporation, which owns the Marina Bay Sands in Singapore.
Sheldon has recently managed to climb onto the list of the top 20 richest people worldwide in 2018, with a new estimated net worth of $40.1 billion.
19. Alice Walton Richest People – Alice Walton
Net Worth: $41.6 Billion Alice Walton is the daughter of Sam Walton, and heiress to the Walmart fortune. She founded the Llama Company in 1988, but it has since closed down.
18. S. Robson Walton Richest People – S. Robson Walton
Net Worth: $41.8 Billion Rob Walton is the eldest son of Sam Walton, and served as the chairman for Walmart, after his father’s death, up until 2015.
Further more, he briefly surpassed his brother Jim recently on this list of the richest people in the world. However, he’s now fallen back to his original spot.
17. Jim Walton Richest People – Jim Walton
Net Worth: $41.9 Billion Jim Walton is the son of Sam Walton, who was the founder of the world’s largest retail chain, ‘Walmart’. He is on the Walmart board of directors, and CEO of his own company, Arvest Bank.
In 2018, Jim Walton’s net worth is $41.9 billion.
16. Jack Ma Richest People in the World – Jack Ma Share Net Worth: $42.2 Billion Jack Ma is the founder of Alibaba, and although he’s been one of the richest people in Asia for several years, he’s only just made it onto the list of the richest people in the world this year.
Jack was rejected from multiple jobs, including KFC when it was first introduced to China. Today, Jack Ma’s net worth is estimated to be $42.2 billion, launching him to the 16th spot on this list.
15. Francoise Bettencourt Meyers Richest People – Francoise Bettencourt Meyers Share Net Worth: $44.5 Billion Francoise Bettencourt Meyers became the reigning L’Oreal heiress when her mother, Liliane Bettencourt, passed away in 2017. She now runs the holding company as chairwoman, with her family owning 33% of L’Oreal.
14. Sergey Brin Richest People – Sergey Brin
Net Worth: $49.6 Billion Sergey Brin and Larry Page co-founded Google back in 1998, in just a small simple garage. The duo have taken Google to the top, putting Sergey Brin just behind Page in this list of the richest people worldwide.
13. Ma Huateng Richest People in the World – Ma Huateng Share Net Worth: $50.9 Billion Ma Huateng is a Chinese business magnate, investor, philanthropist, engineer, internet and technology entrepreneur. He’s also the founder of Tencent, which is the most valuable company in Asia.
Huateng is another of the richest in Asia, who made it on this list in 2018, with an estimated net worth of $49.3 billion in 2018.
12. Michael Bloomberg Richest People – Michael Bloomberg
Net Worth: $52.1 Billion Michael Bloomberg is an American entrepreneur and politician. Bloomberg is the founder and CEO of Bloomberg L.P, the financial data and media company. Bloomberg is now 74 years old and one of the richest people in the world.
Michael Bloomberg lost a couple of billion dollars from his net worth in the past few months, which has caused him to drop from 9th to 12th on this list. His net worth is now estimated at $52.1 billion.
11. Larry Page Richest People – Larry Page
Net Worth: $53.5 Billion Larry Page is the co-founder of Google, which was founded back in a garage in 1998.
Google, no doubt, has become the most successful search engine in the world, and the company has gone on to make various acquisitions such as YouTube. Google’s success has made Larry Page one of the richest people in the world.
10. David Koch Richest People – David Koch
Net Worth: $61.8 Billion David Koch is Charles Koch’s brother, and serves as the Executive Vice President of Koch Industries. David and Charles both own a 42% stake in the conglomerate.
Koch appears 10th on this list of the richest people in 2018, and with a net worth of $61.8 billion.
9. Charles Koch Richest People – Charles Koch
Net Worth: $61.8 Billion Charles Koch is an American businessman and philanthropist.
Koch is the co-owner and CEO of Koch industries. Koch Industries now includes process and pollution control equipment and technologies; polymers and fibers; minerals; fertilizers; commodity trading and services; forest and consumer products; and ranching.
Koch made this year’s list of the richest people, and with an impressive net worth of $61.8 billion!
8. Larry Ellison Richest People – Larry Ellison
Net Worth: $64.1 Billion Larry Ellison is the co-founder of the Oracle Corporation, and he was also the company’s CEO until September 2014. Over the years, Oracle has become an incredibly successful tech company, now being 39 years old and employing over 136,000 people.
Larry Ellison is 8th on this list of the richest people in the world, with a net worth of $64.1 billion.
7. Amancio Ortega Richest People – Amancio Ortega
Net Worth: $70.5 Billion Amancio Ortega is a Spanish entrepreneur and founder of the Inditex fashion group. Inditex owns Zara, and Zara is one of the most popular clothing chains worldwide.
Ortega recently dropped down to the 7th richest man in the world, after other players on the list have been making some serious moves. He’s also lost over $11 billion from his net worth in recent months.
6. Carlos Slim Helu Richest People – Carlos Slim Helu
Net Worth: $70.5 Billion Carlos Slim Helu is a Mexican businessman and investor; owner of the conglomerate ‘Grupo Carso’. The conglomerate’s portfolio consists of brands in many different industries, such as health care, media, energy, real estate and retail.
Carlos is 6th on this list of the richest people in the world, with a net worth of $70.5 billion. In recent months, Carlos Slim has lost almost $6 billion from his net worth, and dropped from 4th to 6th.
5. Mark Zuckerberg Richest People – Mark Zuckerberg
Net Worth: $74.6 Billion We all know Mark Zuckerberg as the founder of Facebook. Facebook has become the most popular and most valuable social media company in the world. And it all started in Mark’s dorm room at Harvard University.
Mark Zuckerberg has recently moved up a position on the list this year, after gaining an ridiculous $30 billion in net worth, now making him the 5th richest man in the world.
It’s expected that he will continue to climb the list in the future, and maybe even make it to the top. Considering how young he is, it’s not out of his reach.
4. Bernard Arnault Richest People – Bernard Arnault
Net Worth: $75.7 Billion Bernard Arnault is the CEO of LVMH (Louis Vitton Moet Hennessey).
Ultimately, the company was formed from merging the two businesses together. Louis Vitton is the very successful luxury fashion brand, and Moet Hennessey is the merged champagne and cognac manufacturers.
Bernard has been making serious movements up this list in the past year. In fact, at the beginning of 2017, he was at 14th. Now, a year later, he’s placed at 4th on the list of the 20 richest people on earth in 2018.
3. Warren Buffett Richest People – Warren Buffett
Net Worth: $91.3 Billion Warren Buffett is an American entrepreneur and investor, and CEO of Berkshire Hathaway. Buffett is the most successful investor worldwide, and millions of other traders look up to him because of his success.
Warren Buffett is the 3rd richest man in the world, with an incredible net worth of $91.3 billion. However, despite this fact, Buffett still lives in the home he purchased back when he didn’t even know what a billion dollars looked like.
What a humble guy!
2. Bill Gates Richest People – Bill Gates
Net Worth: $92.2 Billion Bill Gates is the founder of Microsoft, and was the richest man in the world for several years running. Gates founded Microsoft in 1975 with Paul Allen, and has since become the largest PC software company worldwide.
Last year, Bill Gates has gained an incredible $10 billion in additional net worth! This has put him at an estimated net worth of $92.2 billion overall. However, he’s recently been overtaken by the next man on this list…
1. Jeff Bezos Richest People – Jeff Bezos
Net Worth: $130.5 Billion Jeff Bezos is the founder of Amazon, one of the biggest and most popular companies on the web. Amazon started as a simple online bookstore in Jeff’s bedroom, and the initial sales were slow.
In 2018, Jeff Bezos has become the richest man in the world, after adding a whopping $40 billion to his net worth last year! Amazon is making major moves, after recently acquiring wholefoods, launching drone shipping and a bunch of other strong ideas.
Jeff Bezos is the first man ever to reach the $100 billion mark, which is just insane! Click the ‘Next’ button below to view a complete summary of the richest people in 2018.