Following the uploading of call-up letters for the 2018 Batch A orientation course on the National Youth Service Corps (NYSC) Portal, a comprehensive list of essential things prospective corps members must take to camp have been highlighted here by our reporter.
Among the items are some life saving TIPS.
1. Authentic Student ID Card – (Original and photocopies)
2.Certificate /Statement of Result from your School (Original and 6 Photocopies) in addition if you are a Medical Doctor, Pharmacist or an Optometrist you will be expected to bring along original of your registration certificate with the Nigerian Medical Council, Pharmacist Board or Optometrist Registration Council and evidence of completion of housemanship or internship.
3. NYSC Call-up letter (Original and 6 photocopies)
4. Recent Passport Photograph – WHITE BACKGROUND (24 copies)
5. Compulsory medical certificate from a government or military hospital showing health status.
Going to camp with the above listed documents and items will get you through your registration at the orientation camp, up to the point of collection of mattress and your NYSC KIT.
The NYSC kit consists of: 2 round neck loosely fitted white T-shirts, 2 pair of white shorts, One NYSC crested vest, a pair of NYSC khaki (Jacket, Belt and trousers), a crested NYSC cap, a pair of Jungle boots, a pair of NYSC white tennis shoes.
However, here’s a list of 10 survival kits during the three weeks.
1. ROUND-NECKED WHITE T-SHIRTS : This is an essential outfit worn everyday in camp throughout your 3 weeks .
2. WHITE SHORTS: NYSC would give 2 pairs of shorts you may need extra 4pairs so as not to be stranded because you wouldn’t be able to wash daily.
3. PLAIN WHITE TENNIS SHOES/ WHITE SOCKS: It’s advisable you get one pair of rubber to save yourself from stress alongside leather tennis shoes.
4. CEREALS/PROVISIONS: Essential for those who would not like camp food with cup, plate, water bottle(useful on parade ground or long hours lectures)
5. TOILETRIES: antiseptics, insecticides, towel, sanitary pads, this is essential to keep you from infections and skin reactions.