Action star Vin Diesel has been named by Forbes as the top-grossing actor of 2017, beating out the superheroes and sci-fi stars so bring in a mind-boggling $1.6 billion (£1.2 billion) in global ticketing receipts.
The actor has been raking in the money for years as the face of the Fast and the Furious franchise, with this year’s commercially successful eighth instalment – Fate of the Furious – hitting cinemas in April 2017.
The 50-year-old actor also appeared in xXx: The Return of Xander Cage, and voiced the alien Groot in Guardians of the Galaxy Volume 2.
Fast and the Furious also boosted Dwayne Johnson to the No. 2 spot on the Forbes list, with a gross of $US1.5 billion .
“Wonder Woman” star Gal Gadot came in at No. 3 with $1.4 billion gross, while Emma Watson followed close behind at $1.3 billion.
Here’s the full list of 2017’s top 10 grossing actors:
1. Vin Diesel ($1.6 billion)
2. Dwayne Johnson ($1.5 billion)
3. Gal Gadot ($1.4 billion)
4. Emma Watson ($1.3 billion)
5. Johnny Depp ($1.1 billion)
6. Daisy Ridley ($1.08 billion)
7. Tom Holland ($888 million)
8. Chris Pratt ($864 million)
9. Chris Hemsworth ($845 million)
10. John Boyega ($815 million)
Radio Times/ Forbes