Bringing out Goodluck Jonathan was a mistake- PDP

PDPJonathan-Bows-His-Head-In-Frustration24

 

The Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) says it regrets presenting former president, Goodluck Jonathan, as its sole candidate in the 2015 election. Addressing journalists at a media parley in Abuja on Tuesday,

Raymond Dokpesi, chairman of the party’s rebranding conference, said PDP ought to have stuck to its zoning arrangement. The arrangement would have led to the emergence of a candidate from the north but Dokpesi said the former ruling party was aware of the “errors” and was making efforts to make amends.

YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:   Biafra: FG writes US, UK, others, insists Nnamdi Kanu’s IPOB a terrorist organisation

The PDP is aware that there were errors made along the way. There was no internal democracy, there was impunity within the party and there was no level playing ground.

Dokpesi also appealed to Nigerians, saying: “We admit that we made mistakes and we have not met the expectation of Nigerians. We apologise to people whose toes we’ve stepped upon. So far, whatever the PDP has done against anyone, we tender an unreserved apology.”

YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:   Buhari: Nigerian States get N1.64b bailout

Read Also: Wike Bans Biafra Protest in Rivers State

Buhari’s new Ministers and their portfolios (Full list)
Gov. Wike bans Biafra protests in Rivers
loading...
Tags:, , , , , , ,    

Leave a Reply

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.